Ready for an
Book your consultation at
our Manhattan showroom.
New York Little People/Dwarfism Custom Clothing
La Rukico Tailors strives to close the gaps in the average-size clothing industry. There are an estimated 30,000 Little People currently living in America, but no ready-to-wear clothing line made specifically for them. When buying clothes off-the-rack, people of shorter stature are forced to make extensive alterations to attain the proper fit. We hope to offer a solution to this problem: affordable clothing, impeccably styled, made expressly to your measurements.
For over 40 years, we've staked our reputation on putting customers' needs first. This means that fitting your body is our utmost concern. Our experts take 35 measurements for every suit jacket and 12-14 for shirts and trousers. Clothes so comfortable, you might forget you're wearing them. Our styling makes sure that others don't.
By offering only the highest-quality fabrics, we ensure unmatched comfort and luxurious look. Dormeuil, Zegna, Loro Piana, and more, the most respected companies in the industry fill our catalogue of over 30,000 fabrics.
STYLES AND DESIGN
We offer a full-range of garments, including full suits, custom shirts, blazers and sport coats, trousers, tuxedos, and women's wear. But design and detail are up to you. Sit down with one of our experts and discuss your needs and personal style. Together, you'll decide on the right look for your body and sartorial sensibility.
All of our garments are 100% hand sewn by the industry's most skilled craftsman, guaranteeing the highest possible craftsmanship and precision detail.
At La Rukico, we want to celebrate the body you were born with, rather than aspire to arbitrary standards. For people of shorter stature, there are some basic styling guidelines to consider.
Your proportions, the size of body parts in relation to one another, are different from those of an average-sized person.
- In most cases, streamlined, closer-fit garments will look better than baggy or cluttered ensembles. Avoid excess cloth in the armpits and crotch.
Picking vertically-oriented patterns, rather than horizontal stripes, is
often cited by shorter men as a beneficial choice.
Tailor's Tip: Narrower lapels are great for shorter men because they draw eyes upward.
- Traditionally, jacket sleeves are cut to reveal 1/2 to 3/4 inch of shirt cuff. A Little Person may want to consider a proportionally longer sleeve that shows only a sliver of shirt.
- Often, an LP can benefit from jackets with accentuated shoulders that elongate the torso.
- The vast majority of clothes available aren't made for people of shorter stature. But discrimination doesn't enter La Rukico's Manhattan showroom. Our process assures that. 100% hand sewn to your measurements, it's that simple. Check out our pricing page to learn how La Rukico can offer you the highest-quality garments at the most affordable prices in New York.
- Although it may seem counter-intuitive, having trousers tailored with a higher rise (the measurement from crotch to waist) can have a proportionately lengthening effect on the legs.
- Try trousers without belt loops, using suspenders instead of a belt. Belts tend to accentuate width.